A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Greek pizza  (Read 259978 times)

Offline scott r

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizzafreaks!
Re: Greek pizza
« Reply #940 on: September 20, 2019, 04:37:03 PM »
Trillium brews a LOT of fantastic beers.  You can actually get trillium at my pizzeria to wash down your pizza if your interested.  Also, right next to me is a bar with an incrredible craft beer collection called The Publick House (brookline) thats definitely worth checking out.   Im a huge fan of Treehouse Brewing as well and if you go there you HAVE to get the brisket at BT's smokehouse.  They are both off of a Mass Pike exit.  Treehouse is only available on site or for take out on site.   Been loving their "Julius" quite a bit lately.

Offline hammettjr

• Supporting Member
  • Matt
« Reply #941 on: September 20, 2019, 06:33:44 PM »
Here are links to my reviews of 2 places in CT. (I'll caution that the 2nd one wasn't quite as good when I went a second time.)

Hope Pizza - Stamford
https://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php?topic=691.msg510074#msg510074

New England Pizza - Vernon
https://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php?topic=691.msg534855#msg534855

Matt

Offline hammettjr

• Supporting Member
  • Matt
« Reply #942 on: December 03, 2019, 08:35:33 PM »
Barstool One Bite review of Tommy's in Providence, RI.

Just from seeing the thumbnail it looked right in my wheelhouse.

Matt

Offline Bigpoppa34

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #943 on: December 04, 2019, 11:24:21 AM »
@hammettjr I have been looking for over a year for a recipe for Greek style pizza as that is what my wife and I grew up with in Southeastern CT and what she had at college in New Hampshire.

I used your recipe and she absolutely loved it. Itís why Iíve spent the last year working on my pizza game so we could finally have this style. Sheís not the biggest fan of New Haven style (I know, I know)

My mother in law then came the next day and had the leftovers and asked where we ordered the pizza from and when I told her I made it she said it was absolutely delicious.

Just wanted to say thanks for all the pictures and recipes.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2019, 11:42:24 AM by Pete-zza »

Offline hammettjr

• Supporting Member
  • Matt
« Reply #944 on: December 04, 2019, 05:24:14 PM »

I used your recipe and she absolutely loved it. Itís why Iíve spent the last year working on my pizza game so we could finally have this style.

Great to hear, I'm glad my posts helped!

There are no Greek pizzerias near you now? Are any of the places you and your wife grew up with still around? I'm always looking for more places to try if you have any recommendations.

I hope you post some more soon. I found that once my pizza became pretty good, I was drawn much deeper into this hobby  :chef:

Matt

Offline Bigpoppa34

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #945 on: December 04, 2019, 06:12:30 PM »
Great to hear, I'm glad my posts helped!

There are no Greek pizzerias near you now? Are any of the places you and your wife grew up with still around? I'm always looking for more places to try if you have any recommendations.

I hope you post some more soon. I found that once my pizza became pretty good, I was drawn much deeper into this hobby  :chef:
We live in the New Haven area now and the only place we have come across is Pizza House on Howe St. Its downtown and thereís little to no parking. Pizza was pretty good though but not enough to make me want to go into downtown New Haven lol.

Yes in Groton, CT we both really like Pizza Today and her favorite place is Athens Pizza in Keene, NH.

wordpress