A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: wooden box for dough  (Read 395 times)

Offline MAKZIE

• I Love Pizza!
wooden box for dough
« on: September 29, 2017, 06:04:24 PM »
Does box like this with pine will be good? and it's really see difrences between plastic and wooden box?

Offline Jackitup

• Lifetime Member
Re: wooden box for dough
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2017, 06:30:09 PM »
Rub down with a few coats of mineral oil and good tp go, looks nice!
Jon

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”            -Mark Twain

If you don't think you're getting what you should out of life.....maybe you're getting what you deserve       -the Root Beer Lady

Offline Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2017, 06:32:43 PM »
MAKZIE,

Tom Lehmann says that pine is not the best choice, at Reply 3 at https://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php?topic=49594.msg498583#msg498583.

Peter

Offline The Dough Doctor

• Tom Lehmann
  • Lifetime Member
    • Dough Doctor
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2017, 10:16:30 PM »
Most pine that we get today is pretty smelly (pine sap/tar) and there is a possibility of this "piney" aroma being transferred to the dough, especially when the box is still new. This is why less aromatic woods are preferred. If you have some pine that doesn't smell like a pine forest go ahead and use it, just make sure you use plastic implements in the box to prevent gouging or splintering the wood as pine is pretty soft and easily damaged.
Tom Lehmann/The Dough Doctor

Offline MAKZIE

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2017, 03:47:15 AM »
Most pine that we get today is pretty smelly (pine sap/tar) and there is a possibility of this "piney" aroma being transferred to the dough, especially when the box is still new. This is why less aromatic woods are preferred. If you have some pine that doesn't smell like a pine forest go ahead and use it, just make sure you use plastic implements in the box to prevent gouging or splintering the wood as pine is pretty soft and easily damaged.
Tom Lehmann/The Dough Doctor

It's true, it's smell like forest a little :/ maybe that mineral oil help something?

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

wordpress