A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: The Brooklyn Maltese baking Academy, "Introduction to Pizza & Pie" seminar.  (Read 543 times)

Online GumbaWill

• My canvas is a blank pizza skin
The Brooklyn Maltese Baking Academy, "Introduction to Pizza & Pie" seminar is in full effect!
The girls were very interested in learning how to make a proper pizza at home. That's how the idea of the bake day with Uncle Will came to be! I am already working on the curriculum for the second section!

Offline Sapp

• Lifetime Member
  • I Love Pizza!
Thatís what itís all about!

Offline Jon in Albany

• Lifetime Member
    • Jon In Albany Blog
I saw the subject and was wondering if it was an online class. LOL. Awesome.

Offline foreplease

• Lifetime Member
Itís also worth acknowledging that you knock out a lot of great food in a kitchen that appears to be substantially smaller than many of us have. Thatís passion.
-Tony

Offline lesagemike

• Lifetime Member
What a great idea. Pride of Malta! Carry on the traditions always a great idea.

Online GumbaWill

The Brooklyn Maltese Baking Academy, "Introduction to Pizza & Pie" seminar is in full effect!
The girls were very interested in learning how to make a proper pizza at home. That's how the idea of the bake day with Uncle Will came to be! I am already working on the curriculum for the second section!

The second Baking seminar was a terrific success! Everyone earned their certificate! No one was left-back! Another fun day making memories at Casa Falzon! 

Online GumbaWill

I overdid the fillings. I was able to squeeze out one more pie this morning without making another batch of pastry. Smile.
The Brooklyn Maltese Baking Acadamy logo pie.

Offline scott r

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizzafreaks!
Great thread!  There is nothing better than family getting together to cook.   Love it!

Offline lesagemike

• Lifetime Member
Really a great idea!!

Online GumbaWill

I overdid the fillings. I was able to squeeze out one more pie this morning without making another batch of pastry. Smile.
The Brooklyn Maltese Baking Acadamy logo pie.

The obligatory slice review.
 As a rule, I traditionally cut some sugar from recipes. This time I actually added 1/2 cup.  I think the recipe called for dark sweet cherries. I had bottled sour cherries. I am glad I added the 1/2 cup sugar. Both sides of the pie Cherry/Strawberry & Blueberry/Blackberry, taste great, not overly sweet. I think a little too much, thickener. Since two of these pies went home with my kids on Saturday, I wanted to make sure they did not cut into a runny puddle of mess! I did accomplish that, smile...

wordpress