A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: First time with Caputo blue - need some guidance  (Read 404 times)

Offline lucy1337

• I Love Pizza!
First time with Caputo blue - need some guidance
« on: July 29, 2022, 02:06:09 AM »
I've been making pizzas for about 7 months now, at the begging in my home oven and in the last month or two with all type of ovens (mostly my friend's Dome). I managed to get some really good results using KABF (non-organic) and Tony Gemignani's 00.

Next week I will make my first attempt with the Caputo blue in my new oven (Roccbox) and I would be happy to get some guidance first.
I read a lot in this forum that the Caputo doesn't play well with long CT fermentation which is what I did so far.

So far I experienced with 60 to 75 % hydration and found I am most comfortable around 65 - but that was usually with the KABF which is high protein (12.7%) - will the Caputo behave differently?

I like my pizzas on the crispier side (as less chewy as possible).
Would appreciate a recipe and some instructions for my first attempt to achieve this.

Offline Yael

• Supporting Member
  • French Pizza !
    • my Wechat page
Re: First time with Caputo blue - need some guidance
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2022, 03:34:35 AM »
Italian flours may absorb less water, so I'd start around 60% which can already give a good result.
“Learn the rules like a pro so you can break them like an artist” - Pablo Picasso

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

wordpress