Author Topic: Accessory Question  (Read 1694 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline jhillenbrand

  • Registered User
  • Posts: 2
Accessory Question
« on: January 17, 2009, 12:33:16 PM »
When I worked at Godfather's Pizza years ago.  They made a deep dish pizza.  To cook the inside of the pizza they used a cast iron device. From the top it looked like a spider web.  From the side you could see spikes that went down into the pizza.  We would coat it with spray and then insert into the pizza.  It help cook the midde since there was two layers of crust. 

Does anyone know what I am refering to or anywhere to get one?

jason hillenbrand

Offline Pete-zza

  • Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • *
  • Posts: 25607
  • Location: Texas
  • Always learning
Re: Accessory Question
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2009, 01:22:07 PM »

What you are looking for is a "spider" heat sink. One well known source of such heat sinks is American MetalCraft: AM is the manufacturer. However, if you do a Google search on "pizza, heat sinks", you should be able to find some restaurant supply houses that sell the product at below the AM listed price. One example of such a supply house is this one:


Offline jhillenbrand

  • Registered User
  • Posts: 2
Re: Accessory Question
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2009, 01:04:07 AM »
Thank you very much.  Godfather's replied back and called it a heat pin.  But this is what they used.  Man are they expensive.  Wife said to make one, and I don't see how.

Jason Hillenbrand