A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: How often do you make pizza?  (Read 1353 times)

Offline firecrust

• I Love Pizza!
How often do you make pizza?
« on: January 04, 2017, 08:29:18 AM »
Generally, I make pizza every friday night, with the occasional miss when the wife wants to go out to dinner. I use my WFO outside during warm months, but in winter I use the kitchen oven and a pizza stone. My wife complains of the trace smoke in the house when the occasional bit of cheese drips in the kitchen oven, so she is more inclined to want to go out to eat in the winter rather than have me smoke up the house (I seldom actually notice the smoke).

Offline Minolta Rokkor

• We stand on the shoulders of giants.
Re: How often do you make pizza?
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2017, 08:39:29 AM »
Depends but not too many. Otherwise I get tired of it.

Maybe a few a month.
Pizza is about balance, nothing more nothing less

Offline invertedisdead

• Rest In Pizza
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2017, 08:49:30 AM »
Too often but I haven't found a better way to learn and practice than making more pizzas.
the proof is in the pizza

Offline Hammer77

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2017, 09:31:32 AM »
  Since I started making my own (about a year now) about once a week. But in the last month or so twice a week. Two weeks ago I made pizza 4 or 5 days in one week! About 2 months I got a Blackstone as an early Christmas gift from my lovely girlfriend. I am in full blown pizza mode. I am learning things all the time on this forum, and have been getting pans, flour, tomatoes, etc. So I am playing around with different things, its really turned into a hobby for me!
Dave

Offline waynesize

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2017, 12:55:42 PM »
Almost once a week for the last 8 years.  Missed a couple here and there, but it is generally a Saturday ritual for me.   All in the home oven. No WFO or Blackstone for me........yet.

Wayne

Offline kramer73

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2017, 01:19:50 PM »
once a week, occasionally twice.  I try not to push it, otherwise they might get sick of it, lol.
Andy

Offline RogerC

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2017, 02:26:56 PM »
Generally once a week, sometimes less, sometimes more.
- rog

Offline Hermit

• I make do with what I have
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2017, 04:18:12 PM »
Too often but I haven't found a better way to learn and practice than making more pizzas.

^^^ however, I'm finding that the dough ends up being more practice for me than toppings, so I'm working on making pizza's not taste like pizzas so I don't burn out on the classic flavors.  I'm going to do a philly wit whiz pizza using cheese whiz as the sauce, philly meat and carmelized onions.

Offline abrown221

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2017, 11:54:46 PM »
Currently around 2 pizzas a day for me....

:-[

Offline psil

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2017, 02:27:53 AM »
Before buying a Blackstone pizza oven, once a week, once every other week, maybe.

After buying a Blackstone - I make anywhere from 4-8 per week. I live with four buddies, so there's never any shortage of people to eat pizza. I have a lot of fun making my own dough, so I usually make two or four balls per week. Cooking on the Blackstone is a ton of fun, so I usually fire it up twice each weekend and cook up two or three pies each time.

Offline Feelflows

« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2017, 01:14:35 PM »
Usually every Sunday night.  In nice weather I use the Pizzacraft Pizza Que.  in the winter I use the Breville pizza maker.  The Breville smokes more than I'd like to because of the flour burning ing off the stone between pies.  I place it on the stove top and the vent gets rid of some of the smoke, but inevitably I have to open the back door to vent it out. 
Using Tapatalk

Offline Feelflows

« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2017, 01:18:13 PM »
Before buying a Blackstone pizza oven, once a week, once every other week, maybe.

After buying a Blackstone - I make anywhere from 4-8 per week. I live with four buddies, so there's never any shortage of people to eat pizza. I have a lot of fun making my own dough, so I usually make two or four balls per week. Cooking on the Blackstone is a ton of fun, so I usually fire it up twice each weekend and cook up two or three pies each time.

I've heard complaints about the rotating stone.  Have you had any issues with it?
Using Tapatalk

Offline psil

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2017, 01:07:17 AM »
I've heard complaints about the rotating stone.  Have you had any issues with it?

None whatsoever. I've cooked over 20 pies in the month or so I've had it. Firing it up tomorrow afternoon for lunch.

Offline john1

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2017, 04:27:41 AM »
I often try it on a week or twice a week..

Offline Cotto

• Pizza is the perfect snack, appetizer, or dinner.
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2017, 08:04:50 PM »
Roughly once every other week. I go through my phases of making them weekly on Sunday before it parses out to maybe monthly. It really depends on how healthy I'm feeling in my life otherwise: when I'm doing well, weekly splurges are fun!

Offline Jackitup

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2017, 10:05:11 PM »
Since the diabetes slap the beginning of Sept, not too often anymore. But.....the first one I do make on a good cheat weekend will be this one! Then go swimming for a couple hours for my penance!!!  :angel: :-D    https://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php?topic=45916.msg460557#msg460557
Jon

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”            -Mark Twain

If you don't think you're getting what you should out of life.....maybe you're getting what you deserve       -the Root Beer Lady

Offline jimpurcellbbne

• Producing great pizza with my home oven!
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2017, 12:22:52 AM »
Every two weeks I make six doughballs. We eat five and use the last one as starter for our next batch!

Offline patnx2

« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2017, 02:45:30 AM »
On sundays my wife and I share a 14 inch New york pie. Since I learned on the site to make pizza it is such a treat.
We are from New York and are sure there are no Pizzerias that make much better then mine. I am of course sure I'm right. :-D  Patrick from Modesto
Patrick

Offline Feelflows

« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2017, 02:55:20 PM »
None whatsoever. I've cooked over 20 pies in the month or so I've had it. Firing it up tomorrow afternoon for lunch.
Thanks. It's a reasonable price.  I've look at other "portable" models. The ones I like are usually made in Italy or the uk and by the time they're shipped they're almost a thousand bucks!!!
Using Tapatalk

wordpress