A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: NYE Pies  (Read 189 times)

Offline AnotherOneBitesTheCrust

• I Love Pizza!
NYE Pies
« on: January 04, 2018, 09:03:41 AM »
I'm sad to say, it's been almost a whole year since I've made pizza.  Started eating healthier and it really cut down on the cooking I enjoy.  I typically prefer Sicilian variations and that's what I normally make.

Wife bought me a new peel, and I got Pizza Camp for Christmas so I figured screw it, let's try it out.

It was extremely tough for me to follow instructions.  It just all seemed to easy, and went against a lot of my own methods.  But I have to say, super impressed with how well these came out.  Lots of comments on how perfectly crunchy yet chewy the crust was. 

I think my yeast is dead which lead to a couple issues but all in all happy with how it came out.  The first 3 pies were the best and then slowly but surely my oven couldn't keep up and each one got flatter and flatter.  This is number  7 below.

Im debating on buying a bakers pride counter top over now or just continuing to hold off for our next house and a full on WFO.

Unfortunately I was watching football and entertaining guests so I didn't get a whole lot of shots. And I started getting distracted while dressing the skins,  resulting in my not so round, round pies near the end.

Also threw some wings in the smoker and used a Maple Bacon buffalo sauce I've been working on for about 6mo.

Offline Rolls

• I Love Pizza!
Re: NYE Pies
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2018, 09:57:28 AM »
Started eating healthier and it really cut down on the cooking I enjoy.  I typically prefer Sicilian variations and that's what I normally make. Wife bought me a new peel, and I got Pizza Camp for Christmas so I figured screw it, let's try it out... Im debating on buying a bakers pride counter top over now or just continuing to hold off for our next house and a full on WFO.

Atta boy!  That's the spirit. :-D

Rolls
BTW, your pizza looks really good!

Offline AnotherOneBitesTheCrust

• I Love Pizza!
Re: NYE Pies
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2018, 10:16:53 AM »
Atta boy!  That's the spirit. :-D

Rolls
BTW, your pizza looks really good!

Thanks! 

Almost forgot, Made a calzone with the last skin and left over toppings.

Ricotta, Mozz,  Pulled Pork, Tomatoes, Jalapenos, red onion, and chili honey.

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

wordpress