A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Placing Blame  (Read 559 times)

Offline Dr_Mike

• I Love Pizza!
Placing Blame
« on: December 27, 2016, 08:43:41 PM »
Look, guys, I'm not calling for criminal prosectutions or anything.  But we all know, there is no corn meal in a deep dish dough.

I would like to start by thanking this forum in general, my recent (past 5+ years and THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU) recipies have been from RealDeepDish.com, many many thanks there.

But I cite to you, a book I expected was "good" because my Mother-in Law (from Chicago) liked him,  and could cook,  "The Frugal Gourmet Cooks American" by Jeff Smith, Copyright 1987.

He clearly describes his efforts to duplicate the pie, and "ran the recipe by Mama, a gorgeous black woman who has been cooking the pizza there for thirty years, and she smiled and nodded.  I think that was a yes.  In any case this is great stuff and I suggest you get started as soon as possible."

Words cannot describe the emotions I felt, using this recipe from '98 to '99 trying to impress my (then) Chicago fiance with my mastery of Chicago food.  Man, it wasn't close to what I could buy in the freaking chain store, let alone fresh at Uno's or par-cooked and frozen at Due's.  But it was 'authentic' he claimed, so I pressed on.

I recently went through old book boxes and found this piece of, um, "Americana."

I guess what I'm trying to say, is I don't want damages for the life I wasted on your recipes.  But you have no honor.  I think you should be whipped naked through the streets on a Chicago Marathon (sometimes a mile longer than the official marathon, ooops, I'll allow it, can we add Horseradish Sauce to the whips?) through the Loop with people throwing feces, I mean, Red Pack Tomatoes at you screaming "shame, shame, shame"

I thank this forum for many things, but in 29 oz terms, the statement of "forget $0.88.  Screw $.1.20.  Buy Muir Glenn at $2.50" is the last thing I have learned, the hardest, and the greatest gift.  If you will spend an extra $3 on cheese, trust me you are past where spending an extra $1.50 on sauce wil help. 

Offline mrmojo1

• Lifetime Member
  • pizza sans frontières
Re: Placing Blame
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2016, 08:42:53 PM »
Ahhh yes!  this puzzle we call pizzle, i mean pizza.
"My Doctor says I swallow a lot of aggression.  Along with a lot of pizzas!!"

-John Candy(Stripes)

Offline Garvey

• I wish could have pizza every day.
Re: Placing Blame
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2016, 07:21:36 PM »

wordpress