A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Palermos crust  (Read 147 times)

Offline Chudzida

• I Love Pizza!
Palermos crust
« on: August 17, 2019, 02:07:00 PM »
Hi everyone,

Been trying to re-create palermos of 95ths crust with no luck. My brother loves there pie and while I got the sauce close my crust isnt right. I ate there the other day and took some notes, the crust itself was:

Thin, but not cracker
Tight crumb, but tender
Sweet, almost like a honey braided pretzel...p.s. I tried this without the sweet sauce it was sweet on its own.
Semolina dusted

Anybody got a recipe that comes close?

Offline jsaras

Palermos crust
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2019, 12:02:44 AM »
Try Big Dave Ostranderís New Faithful with a thickness factor of 0.085. It has more sugar than salt (3% and 2% respectively) and 3% oil.  Of all the American-style pizza dough formulations, it has the lowest amount of sugar and oil, but I think it will get you close to where you want to go.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2019, 12:20:45 PM by jsaras »
Things have never been more like today than they are right now.

Online Garvey

• I wish could have pizza every day.
Re: Palermos crust
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2019, 09:05:44 AM »
Been trying to re-create palermos of 95ths crust with no luck.

Hey OP, welcome!  Please post what you tried so far.  You will find a lot of helpful folks here.  Post your past recipes, pictures, etc., and the community can better help you troubleshoot.

Try Big Dave Ostranderís New Faithful with a thickness factor of 0.085. It has more sugar than salt (3% and 2% respectively) and 3% oil.  Of all the American-style pizza dough formulations, it has the lowest amount of sugar and oil, but I think it will get you close to where you want to go.

Can't find that one, but if I were to start playing around with something based on the 2% salt and 3% sugar idea, I'd make a same-day dough with this formulation and go from there:

One 14" pizza:
Flour (100%):    283 g 
Water (50%):    142 g 
IDY (1%):    3 g | 1 tsp
Salt (2%):    6 g | 1 tsp
Olive Oil (3%):    8 g | 2 tsp
Sugar (3%):    8 g | 2 tsp
Total (159%):   450 g

« Last Edit: August 19, 2019, 09:19:22 AM by Garvey »

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

wordpress