A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Anyone know what cheese New Park Pizzeria uses?  (Read 436 times)

Offline PizzaManic

Re: Anyone know what cheese New Park Pizzeria uses?
« Reply #20 on: Today at 09:59:45 AM »
Just my 2 cents on the topic of the cheese used. I have no idea of the brands or how they should taste since we don't have the variety of NY Style Places here in South Africa like you guys do but from the look of things - that cheese is probably processed through a Mincer like someone else mentioned in an earlier post.

Harry, you mentioned it has almost a Mild White Cheddar Flavor to it - could they perhaps be tossing some white cheddar with the Mozzarella into a mincer and hence infusing the 2 cheeses to come up with this flavor that you can't quite pinpoint which brand it's from?

Regards Mo

Online HarryHaller73

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #21 on: Today at 10:18:43 AM »
Just my 2 cents on the topic of the cheese used. I have no idea of the brands or how they should taste since we don't have the variety of NY Style Places here in South Africa like you guys do but from the look of things - that cheese is probably processed through a Mincer like someone else mentioned in an earlier post.

Harry, you mentioned it has almost a Mild White Cheddar Flavor to it - could they perhaps be tossing some white cheddar with the Mozzarella into a mincer and hence infusing the 2 cheeses to come up with this flavor that you can't quite pinpoint which brand it's from?

Yes, it surely looks that way as Craig also mentioned.  Interesting theory that it might iinfuse the 2 cheeses into a clump,  I also think it produces the texture of the cheese melt.  A cube, slice, or shred will produce different melts.

I spoke to some of my peers, and though some agree it may be unique cheese, some others who have been customers of New Park for many years believe the flavor of the cheese comes from the sauce.  If so, there must be alot going on in there.  If put a New Park slice with 10 other random slices, their sauce sticks out the most.

Offline invertedisdead

• Rest In Pizza
« Reply #22 on: Today at 10:21:27 AM »
If put a New Park slice with 10 other random slices, their sauce sticks out the most.

Is there any standout flavors or is it just a "sum of all parts" tasty sauce?

Online HarryHaller73

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #23 on: Today at 10:43:17 AM »
Is there any standout flavors or is it just a "sum of all parts" tasty sauce?

It's much sweeter, but a developed round flavor, not like just adding white sugar or something. 

Offline invertedisdead

• Rest In Pizza
« Reply #24 on: Today at 04:53:22 PM »
It's much sweeter, but a developed round flavor, not like just adding white sugar or something.

I'm curious about rehydrating paste/extra heavy sauce with more flavorful alternatives to water, different juices maybe. Maybe tomato + carrot juice, or white grape juice, or something

I've tried this a bit with crushed tomatoes but they already had enough moisture, so the grape juice didn't add much flavor. That's where I'm thinking the concentrated tomatoes come in.