A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Almost giving up and rage stories  (Read 2296 times)

Offline Jackie Tran

• Supporting Member
Re: Almost giving up and rage stories
« Reply #40 on: August 06, 2016, 11:04:40 PM »
I just have a little raw flour on the counter I spent 6k building a pizza oven last spring.  If I knew she was going to freek about a little flour that I will clean up anyway  I might not have built it. I love it but not worth the stress.

Randy

That's a shame.  If I'm making pizza for your family or friends, then you can help me clean up the mess dear.  I suspect she is mad at you for some other underlying issue(s).  People often supress their emotions and allow resentment to build, which ends up coming out as an argument over flour on the counter or a sock that didn't land in the laundry basket. 

My very first pizza didn't rise at all.  I'm glad I kept at it through the failures.  Occasionally when I'm tired or in a hurry I will mismeasure or forget to put a topping on.  These days I try to just laugh at my mistakes.

Offline Minolta Rokkor

• I Do It For The Guests.
Re: Almost giving up and rage stories
« Reply #41 on: August 08, 2016, 08:37:31 PM »
That's a shame.  If I'm making pizza for your family or friends, then you can help me clean up the mess dear.  I suspect she is mad at you for some other underlying issue(s).  People often supress their emotions and allow resentment to build, which ends up coming out as an argument over flour on the counter or a sock that didn't land in the laundry basket. 

My very first pizza didn't rise at all.  I'm glad I kept at it through the failures.  Occasionally when I'm tired or in a hurry I will mismeasure or forget to put a topping on.  These days I try to just laugh at my mistakes.

Mhm, when your dough doesn't rise what so ever in the oven, the feeling so hollowing it almost breaks you.

You have to be a different kind of animal to pursue pizza making no matter how bad your failure may seem for you at the time.

It's tough passion or hobby honestly.

wordpress