Author Topic: Fibrament oven stone used in grill?  (Read 1921 times)

Offline ray_iii

Fibrament oven stone used in grill?
« on: May 13, 2009, 06:12:51 PM »
Newbie here!

I am looking to purchase a Fibrament stone and have 2 questions:

1.) For the people who have bought the "Grill" version with the "flame deflector", what is it essentially? Can I just buy an aluminum pan separately and put it underneath the stone? I'm wondering if it is worth the extra $14 for the "grill version" of the fibrament.

2.) Any pros/cons to the circular vs. rectangular Fibrament? I'll primarily use it in the oven, so I thought rectangular would suffice...But then I thought it would be nice to have the option to move it to my charcoal grill??  Are charcoal grilled pizzas sufficiently better/different to warrant buying the circular one?

Thoughts??

Looking forward to diggin' in to this forum!

Offline Essen1

• Supporting Member
Re: Fibrament oven stone used in grill?
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2009, 10:35:31 PM »
Newbie here!

I am looking to purchase a Fibrament stone and have 2 questions:

1.) For the people who have bought the "Grill" version with the "flame deflector", what is it essentially? Can I just buy an aluminum pan separately and put it underneath the stone? I'm wondering if it is worth the extra $14 for the "grill version" of the fibrament.

2.) Any pros/cons to the circular vs. rectangular Fibrament? I'll primarily use it in the oven, so I thought rectangular would suffice...But then I thought it would be nice to have the option to move it to my charcoal grill??  Are charcoal grilled pizzas sufficiently better/different to warrant buying the circular one?

Thoughts??

Looking forward to diggin' in to this forum!

1.) It's an aluminum pan. A buddy of mine bought one for his gas grill. The thing is, the Fibras can't be exposed to a direct flame, hence the pan. I don't know if a regular aluminum pan will suffice. I've heard of some melting,s o i'd go and spend the extra $14.

2.) Well, if you also like to use it on your BBQ I'd go with the rectangular one. If you use it in your home oven you won't need the aluminum pan.
Mike