Author Topic: special pizza screen help  (Read 1225 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline jared917

  • Registered User
  • Posts: 1
special pizza screen help
« on: October 11, 2010, 05:02:28 PM »
I am in the process of opening my first pizza place, I used to work for a place in ny that had a special kind of screen. Its not like the aluminum mesh lath ones commonly avaliable. The screen was black in color and was textured like a window screen it was flexable, it wasnt see through. It was almost like a roofing shingle. When they wore out they would be gold in color. Does anyone know what type of screen I am talking about.  All the resturant supply place dont know what they are and I can find them online?? I have seen them in other places PLEASE HELP

Offline Pete-zza

  • Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • *
  • Posts: 25625
  • Location: Texas
  • Always learning
Re: special pizza screen help
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2010, 05:41:17 PM »

You might want to register and post your question at the PMQ Think Tank at That is a forum where mostly professionals visit.

Have you thought of asking your former employer where they got their screens?


Offline shuboyje

  • Registered User
  • Posts: 1302
  • Location: Detroit
Re: special pizza screen help
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2010, 05:43:58 PM »
Just grasping at straws here...but what you describe sounds a lot like a silicon silpat baking mat.