A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Baker's yeast quantity prediction model - please compare to your results  (Read 132398 times)

Hermit and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline TXCraig1

• Supporting Member
  • Pizza is not bread.
    • Craig's Neapolitan Garage
Re: Baker's yeast quantity prediction model - please compare to your results
« Reply #400 on: January 10, 2018, 09:57:09 AM »
Are the numbers from August 2013 still correct? Do you have a spread sheet aka Yeast Calculator (even so it is a rule-of-thumb estimate, a very good one)?

I want to focus more on C and CY in the first place.  48h rise on for me possible and exact C-values.

No, and the structure of the model has also changed a bit since that post.
"We make great pizza, with sourdough when we can, baker's yeast when we must, but always great pizza."  
Craig's Neapolitan Garage

Offline Jackitup

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #401 on: January 10, 2018, 12:34:39 PM »
As always, great job Craig! Thanks for the time you put into this!!!
Jon

The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.            -Mark Twain

If you don't think you're getting what you should out of life.....maybe you're getting what you deserve       -the Root Beer Lady

Online norcoscia

• Supporting Member
  • I really Love Pizza!
« Reply #402 on: January 10, 2018, 01:14:27 PM »
Yes, great chart to establish very reasonable starting values when determining fermentation timing. Thanks so much for the work and generosity by sharing your efforts!

It would be cool if this could somehow be used in the new dough calculator to allow time and temp to be part of the planning process (estimate when the dough would be ready to cook / use).

Every time I look at this chart I try to imagine a way to visualize the varying usability window for any cell in the sheet. I can intuitively see that window (bubble) growing as you move from bottom of the chart to top and from right to left but I'm unable to figure out the best math (and charting mechanism) to actually visualize this bubble of usability / uncertainty.

It would be cool to somehow see this on a third axis by possibly graphing the differences between adjacent cells, but everything I try to work it out as a thought experiment it just gives me a headache - maybe someone with better math credentials (like Mitch) can solve it  :chef:
Norm

Online bifi85

« Reply #403 on: January 11, 2018, 06:37:47 PM »
TXCraig1, do you have a chart that focus on 48 h timings? Would be really great. For every temperature mark (59 F, 60 F, etc.) the yeast % (0,0000) for a 48 h rising.

Offline the1mu

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #404 on: January 11, 2018, 07:04:49 PM »
TXCraig1, do you have a chart that focus on 48 h timings? Would be really great. For every temperature mark (59 F, 60 F, etc.) the yeast % (0,0000) for a 48 h rising.

The chart is meant as a starting point. Its not going to be exact because their aren other at play as well.

You could go through and make your own grabbing all values say in a 4 hour window (46-50hrs). Then just list those values and you would have something close to what you are asking for. Then experiment and take notes.

Offline ARenko

« Reply #405 on: January 12, 2018, 10:04:36 AM »
Thanks for the updated chart Craig - it now includes the yeast amount for the recipe I've been learning on.

Any chance a moderator can update the original post to have the latest chart whenever Craig updates it?  Took me a while to find the latest last time I was looking.

Offline TXCraig1

• Supporting Member
  • Pizza is not bread.
    • Craig's Neapolitan Garage
« Reply #406 on: January 12, 2018, 10:22:16 AM »

Here you go:
"We make great pizza, with sourdough when we can, baker's yeast when we must, but always great pizza."  
Craig's Neapolitan Garage

Online bifi85

« Reply #407 on: January 13, 2018, 10:47:39 AM »
Thank you!

wordpress