A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Pizza Hut "Sicilian" Cheesesticks...........But Better!  (Read 5071 times)

Offline Pizzacrazy7

• In Search Of...
Pizza Hut "Sicilian" Cheesesticks...........But Better!
« on: October 01, 2009, 08:59:50 PM »
I pretty much used Jeff V's "A tale of two sicilians" at http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php/topic,7426.msg63928.html#msg63928 recipe only tweaking a little.  I cut the hydration to 70%.  However, anxious to try new recipes, I did not do a poolish, just mixing all ingredients together, putting in fridge overnight and baking today.  I originally was going for a "Big Cheese" sicilian style pizza, which is no longer around here :(.  Then I struggled with making a pizza or trying some cheesesticks kind of like Pizza Hut, although I am not a Pizza Hut fan - AT ALL.  I went with the cheese sticks and here's the result.  They were AWESOME.  Had that burnt cheese along the edge that I love and they just tasted great!
"You cannot live a perfect day without doing something for someone who will never be able to repay you." - John Wooden

Offline jeff v

• Supporting Member
  • I'm Valentino not Varasano :)
Re: Pizza Hut "Sicilian" Cheesesticks...........But Better!
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2009, 09:20:31 PM »
Pizzacrazy,

Glad that recipe was some help to you, the pizza looks great! I am going to do the dough in the fridge next time as well-how'd you like it? Did you bake the same temp?

Thanks,

Jeff

Offline Pizzacrazy7

• In Search Of...
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2009, 09:27:49 PM »
Jeff,

Baked at 550 (highest mine will go) in a 9x9 pan on my stone.  Didnt take long to cook.
"You cannot live a perfect day without doing something for someone who will never be able to repay you." - John Wooden

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Always working and looking for new information!
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2009, 09:40:07 PM »
Pizzacrazy7,
Your Sicilian Cheesesticks look absolutely yummy!  The burnt cheese sounds good. 
I want to try Jeff's recipe for the "A tale of two Sicilians"  soon. 
Norma

Offline IndyRob

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2009, 07:20:57 PM »
I've been doing something very similar - based on Little Caesar's Cheesy Bread.  I use a 70% hydration dough as well.  But I melt some margarine and add some salt and garlic powder to taste.  Then I mix that with my grated Mozzarella/Provolone and top the dough directly.  I top with some shakes of oregano before baking, but parmesan is what LC uses (I've found that good parm disappears, while the Kraft stuff doesn't add much).

Offline aks801

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2009, 03:38:28 PM »
Yes yes yes!!!  That burnt cheese along the edge is absolutely crucial!  I've been working on my Sicilian, and that is really the one aspect that still need.
alan in Katy, TX

"Meet the new boss.  Same as the old boss."
 - Pete Townshend