A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Corrado's Wholesale in Clifton,NJ open to public  (Read 3010 times)

Offline pcampbell

• Supporting Member
Corrado's Wholesale in Clifton,NJ open to public
« on: October 15, 2009, 01:03:04 PM »
They have all trumps, various canned tomatoes and Grande in loafs, not shredded.

They didn't have any non bromated non bleached flour. 

Bay State Mills has a mill literally 100 yards away, but Corrado's only carries their Wingold Whole wheat flour.  According to bay mills, they do make a Non bromated, not bleached "Bouncer" but how you would go about obtaining it is beyond me.  He said I can buy a truck load, 45,000 pounds.  I thought it would be great to get fresh, locally milled flour, but they only are interested in passing you onto a distributor who will sell you bromated flour.

There's also a huge beer and wine making store next door, but .... one thing at a time.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2009, 01:04:38 PM by pcampbell »
Patrick

Offline BurntFingers

• My son, nephew and me
Re: Corrado's Wholesale in Clifton,NJ open to public
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2009, 06:42:37 PM »
Yup, bromated flour will not be eaten by mice and rats, so they say and it will have greater shelf life.  That is why it is used commercially.  I buy my wine grape from Corrado's  and frequently buy blocks of cheeses from them.   I get my imported flour from Dairyland in the Bronx.  25 kg at a time. It is not that far away.

Offline pcampbell

• Supporting Member
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2009, 07:16:14 PM »
I think E&S in Elmwood Park has Caputo.  Orlando Foods has it I think, not sure how much trouble they'd give you. Where do you live?

I'd love to get into beer making, but I want to get better at making pizza first!

The closest source for KASL I've find is REI Diamond in Brooklyn.  I am pretty happy with KA Bread flour for now.  I would like to try KASL for the sake of trying it, but to drive into Brooklyn, I better get to try Di Fara's AND pick up great flour, with those tolls!!!
Patrick

Offline JConk007

• Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2009, 09:49:33 PM »
Jut order a bag from KA Patrick the stuff is great I love it .
BTW
The grande east coast held up well in the WFO very good taste thanks again for doing that!!
Try those tomatoes yet?
John
I Love to Flirt with Fire! www.flirtingwithfire.net

Offline pcampbell

• Supporting Member
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2009, 10:03:39 AM »
I am saving those nice tomatoes for when I get a little better :)
Patrick

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

wordpress