A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: anyone recognize this oven?  (Read 12324 times)

Offline thezaman

• Lifetime Member
  • I Love Pizza!
    • lorenzos pizza
Re: anyone recognize this oven?
« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2009, 10:00:01 AM »
those are nice looking pizzas . the oven is made for Neapolitan pies!!

Offline vmangiacapra

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2009, 12:05:09 PM »
Do you have his contact information, phone number and/or Website.

Thanks

vin

Offline thezaman

• Lifetime Member
  • I Love Pizza!
    • lorenzos pizza
« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2009, 01:01:35 AM »
http://www.mrcappuccino.com   hope it works

Offline ERASMO

• Wood Fired Ovens PA
« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2009, 09:40:54 AM »
That website is difficult.

Offline thezaman

• Lifetime Member
  • I Love Pizza!
    • lorenzos pizza
« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2009, 04:06:16 PM »
the three oven choices are under forno ovens. if you call them they are very prompt. marc, he may have mentioned your oven when i called to see if he delivered to any us cities .

Offline scottfsmith

« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2009, 07:11:17 PM »
Those pies look absolutely perfect!  Congratulations!!

Scott

Offline thezaman

• Lifetime Member
  • I Love Pizza!
    • lorenzos pizza
« Reply #26 on: November 03, 2009, 07:54:28 PM »
marc, how many 11 inch pizzas can you get in that oven at one time ?

Offline widespreadpizza

• my beer store opening in june 2011
« Reply #27 on: November 03, 2009, 08:44:48 PM »
Scott,  thanks the pictures do some justice,  but not 100%  They really looked like they came straight outta Italy in person.  Zaman, I think two is going to be the 12 -13 inch limit on this oven,  just because I couldn't imagine managing 3 in there at a time,  even at 11 inches.  I think this thing could easily be taken down to 45 second bakes so its capacity could be over 100 an hour easily  with two people working well together.

-marc

Offline pizza dr

« Reply #28 on: November 05, 2009, 07:00:58 PM »
Wow what a "barn find".  I love the looks of that oven!!!!  Makes me smile

Offline alasdair

« Reply #29 on: July 11, 2010, 01:05:23 PM »
Matt,  it needs a roof built over it to stay outside as the top is open.  At this point I really don't know what is in store for it,  but I have a couple of ideas.  Surely it will be in the garage most of the winter.  thanks guys.  -marc

Awesome find.

You said the top is open. Care to share some pics that show that opening?

Offline BrickStoneOven

• Lifetime Member

Offline Creagle

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #31 on: June 04, 2019, 02:32:06 PM »
Hi

I'm aware this forum is approaching a decade in age  :-D However in reference to Valoriani, are they really still unsuitable for Neapolitan pizza? I presume it is not debated that they are quality ovens but is it still the case they are unsuitable for Neapolitan? If so, I'm amazed as the AVPN have endorsed Valoriani, and the only other oven brands they have endorsed are Acunto, Stefano Ferrara, Marana, Marra and Medaglia.

Perphaps it is only their Verace Igloo oven, purpose built for Neapolitan pizza, that is up to the job. The price however is jaw-dropping, in the UK I was quoted 20,000+ (over $25,000).

Any input would be much appreciated. I am soon to start a Neapolitan pizza take out in the UK and still undecided on an oven supplier.

Offline Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #32 on: June 04, 2019, 02:43:34 PM »
Hi

I'm aware this forum is approaching a decade in age  :-D
Creagle,

Just for the record, the forum is closer to sixteen years old  ;D. Here was Steve's first post, on January 26, 2003:

https://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php?topic=2.msg4#msg4

Peter

Offline Creagle

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #33 on: June 04, 2019, 04:16:45 PM »
Creagle,

Just for the record, the forum is closer to sixteen years old  ;D. Here was Steve's first post, on January 26, 2003:

https://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php?topic=2.msg4#msg4

Peter

Wow, I was only a young lad when this forum started then!

Do you have any opinions on Valoriani's suitability for Neapolitan pizza?

Offline Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #34 on: June 04, 2019, 05:02:59 PM »
Do you have any opinions on Valoriani's suitability for Neapolitan pizza?
Creagle,

I am afraid not. When I joined the forum in 2004, there were only a couple of members who had ovens suitable for making Neapolitan pizza. And there were only a couple of vendors of 00 flour. Caputo arrived on the retail scene some years later. Most members were lucky to have a pizza stone, or maybe a pizza screen, to use in their home ovens, never mind the many options that members now have available to them. It's almost impossible to keep up with all the ovens that have emerged since 2003. As for the Valoriani oven, you may want to go the forum's search feature at https://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php?action=search and enter the word Valoriani in the search box. I did that and got 153 hits. If you add the term Neapolitan to the search box, you will get 43 hits. If you scan the hits you may get the answer you are looking for. And you might get lucky if a member now active on the forum responds to your questions.

Peter

Offline Tscarborough

• Lifetime Member
    • Pizza Anarchy
« Reply #35 on: June 04, 2019, 06:37:38 PM »
I would say not the best.  My uncle uses them in his restaurants, but he only runs them to 600 F.

Offline Creagle

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #36 on: June 07, 2019, 10:25:02 AM »
Thanks for the input guys.

I saw Valoriani's UK supplier again today. They have a 2nd hand Esordio 120 (never used, but arrived from Italy with a cracked segment - the flue manifold segment, so will not be visible or effect the oven's operation) which they are offering for 8000 but there should be some negotiation on that. I need to ask the normal new selling price and decide if it is a good enough deal.

I will have to decide if I want it on Monday.

Who would you say is better than Valoriani, particularly for Neapolitan?
« Last Edit: June 07, 2019, 10:43:18 AM by Creagle »

Offline TXCraig1

• Supporting Member
  • Pizza is not bread.
    • Craig's Neapolitan Garage
« Reply #37 on: June 07, 2019, 10:45:52 AM »
I'm amazed as the AVPN have endorsed Valoriani

I suspect there were some financial incentives for them to do so, if you know what I mean...
"We make great pizza, with sourdough when we can, baker's yeast when we must, but always great pizza."  
Craig's Neapolitan Garage

Offline TXCraig1

• Supporting Member
  • Pizza is not bread.
    • Craig's Neapolitan Garage
« Reply #38 on: June 07, 2019, 10:54:21 AM »
Thanks for the input guys.

I saw Valoriani's UK supplier again today. They have a 2nd hand Esordio 120 (never used, but arrived from Italy with a cracked segment - the flue manifold segment, so will not be visible or effect the oven's operation) which they are offering for 8000 but there should be some negotiation on that. I need to ask the normal new selling price and decide if it is a good enough deal.

I will have to decide if I want it on Monday.

Who would you say is better than Valoriani, particularly for Neapolitan?

There are a lot of ovens better than Valoriani for Neapolitan. The question do you want to pay what it will cost to get one. Do they have a test kitchen or is there a pizzeria nearby using one? I'd want to see it in action before I shelled out that kind of money for that oven. At a minimum, get some names of pizzerias using the oven you're looking at and check them out on-line - look at pictures of their pizza and read the customer reviews. You could ask for customer references too and give them a call and see what they think about the oven.  I can't think of a single Neapolitan place using a Valoriani oven.
"We make great pizza, with sourdough when we can, baker's yeast when we must, but always great pizza."  
Craig's Neapolitan Garage

Offline Creagle

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #39 on: June 07, 2019, 01:27:12 PM »
There are a lot of ovens better than Valoriani for Neapolitan. The question do you want to pay what it will cost to get one. Do they have a test kitchen or is there a pizzeria nearby using one? I'd want to see it in action before I shelled out that kind of money for that oven. At a minimum, get some names of pizzerias using the oven you're looking at and check them out on-line - look at pictures of their pizza and read the customer reviews. You could ask for customer references too and give them a call and see what they think about the oven.  I can't think of a single Neapolitan place using a Valoriani oven.

So this is the oven I would be buying: http://valorianiuk.com/products/commercial-ovens/esordio-uk-120/
And this is the oven developed especially to please the AVPN. It was the first oven the AVPN gave accreditation to for gas fired pizza, which was only possible through blind trials as the AVPN were dead set against allowing a gas oven... a bit stuck in their ways many would say. AVPN oven link: http://valorianiuk.com/products/commercial-ovens/igloo-verace-120/

I certainly cannot afford the AVPN accredited oven, that's over 20K new.

Again, thank you for your input and I say this being constructive. But how can we know Valoriani are not suitable for Neapolitan if there are no pizzerias in the US using them? Potentially they could be very effective they just don't have a decent stake in the US market. Is there anyone that's actually used one and found it to be inadequate?

From my discussions with Valoriani, they claim many customers have bought ovens from inferior suppliers and they've crumbled within a short space of time and have had to be replaced with Valorianis.

Of all the oven suppliers, as I mentioned in a previous post, I am limited to a select few as they must be DEFRA approved. And unfortunately of those many ship the ovens completed and already cemented together which require the expensive removal of the shop front and use of a forklift, which can see the cost of installing/shipping the oven cost more than the oven itself. A big advantage of Valoriani is that it comes in segments which can fit through the door and be assembled on site efficiently without the necessity of building work to fit a fully constructed oven.

They have a test kitchen but only with the AVPN oven fitted. I haven't used it, but I've seen it fired and get to temperature quickly. I've researched quite a few places using them and Valoriani was happy for me to get in contact, all get very good reviews but are not doing Neapolitan pizza. Defunct UK chain 'Jamie Oliver' used Valorianis and got very good reviews for doing so. Franco Manca are a UK chain installing Valorianis now (they replaced their previous ovens) and get fantastic reviews, they produce Neapolitan pizza.