A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: anyone recognize this oven?  (Read 12317 times)

Offline TXCraig1

• Supporting Member
  • Pizza is not bread.
    • Craig's Neapolitan Garage
Re: anyone recognize this oven?
« Reply #40 on: June 07, 2019, 01:40:36 PM »
Again, thank you for your input and I say this being constructive. But how can we know Valoriani are not suitable for Neapolitan if there are no pizzerias in the US using them? Potentially they could be very effective they just don't have a decent stake in the US market. Is there anyone that's actually used one and found it to be inadequate?

I don't think I said that. I said there are better ovens for NP which I believe is unquestionably true. Beyond that, I was saying what you said: we don't know. That's why I'd want to see one in action before buying it. My concern would be this: the oven may be able to make Neapolitan pizza, but will it make my Neapolitan pizza or will it force me to make it's Neapolitan pizza. The difference between the two could be night and day.
"We make great pizza, with sourdough when we can, baker's yeast when we must, but always great pizza."  
Craig's Neapolitan Garage

Offline TXCraig1

• Supporting Member
  • Pizza is not bread.
« Reply #41 on: June 07, 2019, 01:43:52 PM »
The Esordio UK 120 doesn't appear to be particularly high mass. Do you know what it weighs?
"We make great pizza, with sourdough when we can, baker's yeast when we must, but always great pizza."  

Offline Creagle

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #42 on: June 07, 2019, 02:01:33 PM »
I don't think I said that. I said there are better ovens for NP which I believe is unquestionably true. Beyond that, I was saying what you said: we don't know. That's why I'd want to see one in action before buying it. My concern would be this: the oven may be able to make Neapolitan pizza, but will it make my Neapolitan pizza or will it force me to make it's Neapolitan pizza. The difference between the two could be night and day.

Thank you so much for your help, it is invaluable. Choosing the right oven is something I must get correct, not only because it is a huge investment but also because the success of the business depends on it.

I was reading through another forum, which you also commented on. There's a bulk of negative views on Valoriani within it, but PizzaNapoli does rate the Valorianis. The general consensus seems to be they take a lot of heating and then are effective. https://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php?topic=19422.20

The weight of the Esordio 120 is 650KG or 1500lbs. (Their AVPN accredited ovens are over twice that weight!) Do you think 650KG seems an adequate mass for a 120cm oven?

Offline TXCraig1

• Supporting Member
  • Pizza is not bread.
« Reply #43 on: June 07, 2019, 04:17:55 PM »
Thank you so much for your help, it is invaluable. Choosing the right oven is something I must get correct, not only because it is a huge investment but also because the success of the business depends on it.

I was reading through another forum, which you also commented on. There's a bulk of negative views on Valoriani within it, but PizzaNapoli does rate the Valorianis. The general consensus seems to be they take a lot of heating and then are effective. https://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php?topic=19422.20

The weight of the Esordio 120 is 650KG or 1500lbs. (Their AVPN accredited ovens are over twice that weight!) Do you think 650KG seems an adequate mass for a 120cm oven?

My big oven is 120cm and weighs 1,900kg. Lower mass heats faster but is more prone to temperature swings. The mass is a heat battery. In lower mass ovens without the stored heat, the temperature of the oven can fluctuate faster and more severely. Insufficient mass in the deck can also increase the recovery time between pies and slow production.  None of these may be a problem with the oven but I'd want to see it in action to know.

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

wordpress