A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: My 900F BBQ Mod  (Read 30284 times)

Offline Jackie Tran

• Supporting Member
Re: My 900F BBQ Mod
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2010, 09:14:52 PM »
wow, I just saw these mods and they look like they work great!  I seem to be a day late and a dollar short lately it seems!  I had a Lynx gas grill (if you know what they are, then you know how good they are and how hot they get >:D) and I sold it and my Stumps Smoker and picked up a Primo Ceramic cooker.....mainly to consolidate my cooking, but also thinking that I would be able to create great pizza's on the Primo! :-[ :-[  Needless to say, there are some drawbacks using a BGE or a Primo as a pizza oven, and here I could be cranking my old Lynx up to 1000 degrees and for a few bucks had a great pizza oven! >:( >:( >:(  I am almost tempted to pick u p another gas grill but I think the wife would about shoot me...she already thinks my LBE project is way out in left field!

:-D I'd be kicking my own arse too.  :-D  I was really tempted to pull the trigger on a grill with a rotisserie burner not long ago b/c Craig's Pies look so AWESOME.  Lowe's has a few of these cheapo grills for around $300 I think.  Remember though, it's not just the tool but how one wields it.  ;D  Results will vary and every oven has it's pluses and minuses, even WFOs.  It will likely take a bit of time to dial in as well. 

Chau

Offline Morgan

« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2013, 02:17:35 PM »
Great setup, you seem to done it all... ;D

Offline TXCraig1

• Supporting Member
  • Pizza is not bread.
    • Craig's Neapolitan Garage
« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2013, 02:37:22 PM »
It's been a couple years since I've done a pie in the grill. I think the grill is very happy about that.
"We make great pizza, with sourdough when we can, baker's yeast when we must, but always great pizza."  
Craig's Neapolitan Garage

Offline nythincrust11

« Reply #23 on: August 07, 2014, 03:36:05 PM »
How did you get the bubbling on the crust like you would on a wfo?

Offline TXCraig1

• Supporting Member
  • Pizza is not bread.
    • Craig's Neapolitan Garage
« Reply #24 on: August 07, 2014, 04:48:44 PM »
How did you get the bubbling on the crust like you would on a wfo?

Top heat management - you can see how much high-temp insulation I have stacked up on the lid of the bbq. That and fairly powerful burners.
"We make great pizza, with sourdough when we can, baker's yeast when we must, but always great pizza."  
Craig's Neapolitan Garage

Offline nythincrust11

« Reply #25 on: August 07, 2014, 09:00:39 PM »
thanks, Im going to try to fool around with my grill for a while