A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Pies are selling pretty good.  (Read 869 times)

Offline Polo1523

Pies are selling pretty good.
« on: October 09, 2017, 01:35:27 PM »
This is the 4th week I've launched detroit style in my show and customers have been loving this style, I am still doing a Round pie cause I have the pans already and don't want to spend a lot of money for square pans.
Regards Leo.

Offline PizzaManic

Re: Pies are selling pretty good.
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2017, 08:55:24 AM »
Beautiful Pie Polo1523

One question, did it take some experimenting to get that caramelized effect on the crust?

I've tried Detroit Style only twice and both times were a total disaster so that has deterred me from trying again but you are starting to intrigue me again  ;D
Regards Mo

Offline TXCraig1

• Supporting Member
  • Pizza is not bread.
    • Craig's Neapolitan Garage
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2017, 09:25:47 AM »
I can see why they are selling well!
"We make great pizza, with sourdough when we can, baker's yeast when we must, but always great pizza."  
Craig's Neapolitan Garage

Offline Polo1523

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2017, 11:36:30 AM »
Hi PizzaManic, this is what I do I melt butter and add a little bit of olive oil some fresh oregano and garlic, so I brush with the mix the pan, then I stretch the dough and put in the pan, add the mozzarella all the way to the edges, then toppings and that is it, the cheese sticks a little bit but I just need a small sharp knife to separate and it comes up clean out of the pan.
Regards Leo.

Online Dangerous Salumi

• Using our home grown culture to leaven our dough
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2017, 06:15:11 PM »
Those are pretty awesome pies but the Detroit style that I ate went I was a kid (Cloverleaf, Shields, Buddy's and others not so famous) were all square.
I see in another thread you were concerned about the cost of square pans. I would think you would be able to get some steel 8x10 or 10x14 with 2" tall sides from somewhere in MX inexpensively and season them. You dont need anything really fancy.

This pic. is a good example of Detroit Style
« Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 06:18:24 PM by Dangerous Salumi »
Have a Dangerous day!

“They say that competitive eating is the battleground upon which God and Lucifer wage war for mens souls my friends, and they are right.”  - George Shea, Chairman, Major League Eating

Offline Polo1523

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2017, 11:14:36 AM »
Dangerous Salumi

Definitely I need to get the square pans to do a true Detroit, I will order some soon and see how it goes.

I will order them to ship to San Diego, I am right across the border and get all my stuff from SD.

Thanks for the advise.
Regards Leo.

Offline hotsawce

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2017, 01:31:16 PM »
I actually prefer the round version...something nostalgic (for those not from the Detroit area) about a round pan pizza.

What pans did you use for the rounds? Looks like they popped out easily...cheese didn't stick?

Offline Satyen

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizza!
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2017, 02:59:25 PM »
Id buy a dozen!

Offline Giggliato

« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2017, 01:48:43 PM »
This is the 4th week I've launched detroit style in my show and customers have been loving this style, I am still doing a Round pie cause I have the pans already and don't want to spend a lot of money for square pans.

What temp are you cooking these at and how long do they take to cook? They look pretty good.